Party affiliation: Republican
Buffington, Joseph was born on September 5, 1855 in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, United States. Son of Ephrain and Margaret Chambers (Orr) Buffington.
- Bachelor of Arts, Trinty College, Connecticut, 1875. Doctor of Laws, Lafayette College, 1915, also Trinty, University of Pittsburgh, Princeton, Washington and Jefferson College, Grove City College, Pennsylvania, Military College, Dickinson College. Doctor of Civil Law, Mount St. Mary’s College.
Admitted to bar, 1878. Practiced at Kittanning, Pennsylvania, 1878-1892. United States district judge, Western District Pennsylvania, 1892-1904.
United States circuit judge, 3d Circuit, since September 21, 1906. Senior and presiding judge The United States of America Circuit Court of Appeals.
Member of Psi Upsilon. Phi Beta Kappa; Union League (Philadelphia). Club: Pittsburgh Athletic.
- Married Mary Alice Simonton, January 29, 1885.
father: Ephrain Buffington
mother: Margaret Chambers (Orr) Buffington
spouse: Mary Alice Simonton
|last changed||13/07/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- United States Circuit Judge
Margaret Chambers (Orr) Buffington
Mary Alice Simonton
- Margaret Chambers (Orr) Buffington
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Career Description
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile