Party affiliation: Republican
Olger B. Burtness
BURTNESS, Olger B. was born on March 14, 1884 in Mekinock, North Dakota, United States. Son of 0. O. and Mary Anderson Burtness.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of North Dakota, 1906, Bachelor of Laws, 1907, Doctor of Laws, 1958.
Admitted to the North Dakota bar. Began practice at Grand Forks, North Dakota, 1907. Private practice, 1907-1950.
State’s attorney Grand Forks County, 1911-1916. Member North Dakota House of Representatives, 1919, 20 (opposed radical program of Non-Partisan League). Member 67th to 72d Congresses (1921-1933), 1st North Dakota District Delaware to Republican National Convention, 1916, 36, 48.
Appointed judge of first judicial district of North Dakota, 1950, and elected to same position for six year term, 1952, 58.
Phi Alpha Delta; Delta Sigma Rho.
- Spouse Zoe Ensign, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, September 8, 1909.
father: Ole Burtness
mother: Mary (Anderson) Burtness
spouse: Zoe Ensign
|last changed||11/07/2017||view changes|
- First Name
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
Mary (Anderson) Burtness
- Mary (Anderson) Burtness
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile