Robert Reyburn Butler
Butler, Robert Reyburn was born on September 24, 1881 in Butler, Tennessee, United States. Son of William Roderick and Rebecca Caroline (Grayson) Butler.
- Legal Department, Cumberland University, Lebanon, Tennessee, 1903. Married; one daughter. Practiced Law at Mountain City, Tennessee, 1903-1905, Condon, Oregon, 1905.
Legal Department, Cumberland University, Lebanon, Tennessee, 1903. One daughter. Practiced Law at Mountain City, Tennessee, 1903-1905, Condon, Oregon, 1905. Elected Presidential Elector, 1908.
Appointed Circuit Judge, eleventh judicial diet, of Oregon, 1909-1911. Moved to The Dalles, Oregon, 1911, and resumed practice of law until elected to Congress. Elected to Oregon Senate, representing Wasco and Hood River Companies, 1912, served during 1913 and 1915 sessions.
Elected Presidential Elector, 1916. Again elected to State Senate, 1924, serving in 1925 and 1927 sessions. Appointed by Governor of Oregon to serve on Committee to revise Judicial Procedure of Oregon Elected to fill unexpired term of Judge New Jersey Sinnott in 70 Congress, November 6, 1928, and on same day elected as Member of 71 Congress.
father: William Roderick Butler
mother: Rebecca Caroline (Grayson) Butler
|last changed||11/07/2017||view changes|
- First Name
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- Family description
Rebecca Caroline (Grayson) Butler
William Roderick Butler
- Rebecca Caroline (Grayson) Butler
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile