Member of American History Association. Delta Tau Delta.
Cecil Merne Putnam CROSS
Cecil Merne Putnam CROSS, American Consul: b. November 2. 1891, Rangoon, Burma. India. Member of American History Association; Delta Tau Delta.
CROSS, Cecil Merne Putnam Son of Benjamin Putnam and Susanne A. (Brock) Cross.
- Brown University, Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts. University of Chicago, Doctor of Philosophy.
August 19, 1918, Norwich, Connecticut Appointed after examination. V.-Consul of career of class three, 1919. Assigned to Palermo. 1919, Naples, 1920.
Appointed Consul of class seven. 1920; remained at Naples on detail. Assigned to Aden, 1921, Lourenco Marques, 1922.
Appointed Consul of class six, 1923. Foreign Service Officer of class seven, 1924, class six, 1925. assigned to Port Elizabeth, 1925, Cape Town, 1925. Class five, since 1929.
- Spouse Ruth Margaret Henderson.
children: Robert Henderson CROSS
Jean Douglas CROSS
|Yuliya Yefimchik||last changed||12/07/2017||view changes|
- First Name
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- Birth date
- Birth month
- Birth day
- Robert Henderson CROSS
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
- Jean Douglas CROSS
up Edit Profile