William Miller, American library administrator. Recipient Ontario Library. Association Prize, Toronto, 1976, Library. Instruction Grant, Earlham College, National Science Foundation, 1978. Member American Library Association (chair editorial board Choice magazine 1980-1982, other offices), Association College and Research Libraries (president 1996-1997).
Reference library Albion (Michigan) College, 1976-1980. Head reference and government documents Michigan State University Library., East Lansing, Michigan, 1980-1984. Associate dean of libraries Bowling Green (Ohio) State University, 1984-1987.
Director libraries Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, since 1987.
- Academic Research on the Internet: Options for Scholars & Libraries
- Find what you’re looking for with the best Internet resources for academic research in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences! Which academic resource deserves more of your budget: printed books and journals or softly glowing terminals? The answer differs depending on the subject area, the availability and reliability of Internet information in that field, and the comparative value of Internet research and traditional print media.
- Libraries Within Their Institutions: Creative Collaborations
- Discover how your libraryand its patronscan benefit from internal partnerships, collaborations, and interactions Libraries Within Their Institutions: Creative Collaborations examines the ways librarians work within their own universities, municipalities, or government units to form partnerships that ensure the best possible service to their patrons.
- Internet Reference Support for Distance Learners (Monographic Separates from Internet Reference Services Quarterly)
- Make separate library services for distance learners a thing of the past Internet Reference Support for Distance Learners takes a comprehensive look at efforts by librarians and information specialists to provide distance learners with effective services that match those already available on campus.
- Cooperative Efforts of Libraries
- Explore a wide variety of cooperative initiatives—at regional, statewide, and international levels! This book examines a wide variety of cooperative efforts and consortia in libraries, both geographically and in terms of such activities as digitization and cooperative reference services.
Born January 9, 1947
1976 - 1980
1980 - 1984
1984 - 1987