Visiting scholar Boston Public Library, 1968. Director art gallery Wheaton College, Massachusetts, 1969. Staff department prints and photographs Metropolitan Museum Art, New York City, 1970-1984, assistant curator, 1971-1981, curator, 1981-1984.
Curator photographs Jean Paul Getty Museum, Malibu, California, 1984—2009. Consultant in field.
- In Focus: Andre Kertesz, Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, and Man Ray: Photographs from the J. Paul Getty Museum
- Three volumes from the Getty Museum's popular In Focus series are packaged together here, offering a handsome set of books on these important photographers: André Kertész, László Moholy-Nagy, and Man Ray.
- In Focus: Alfred Stieglitz : Photographs from the J. Paul Getty Museum
- This latest volume in the acclaimed In Focus series examines the life and work of Alfred Stieglitz, concentrating on the Getty Museum's considerable holdings of the work of this American master.
- In the American Grain: Arthur Dove, Marsden Hartley, John Marin, Georgia O'Keeffe, and Alfred Stieglitz : The Stieglitz Circle at the Phillips Collection
- This lavish book gathers work from the Stieglitz circle as acquired by Duncan Phillips: paintings by Dove, Hartley, Marin, and OKeeffe, and Stieglitzs own photographic Equivalents.
- Counterparts: Form and Emotion in Photographs
- The catalogue for a traveling exhibition that compares the work of two or three photographers by placing one each of their images side-by-side to show the visual relationships.
1970 - 1984
1981 - 1984
1984 - 2009
- show more ...