Party affiliation: National Coalition Party
Leader of the National Coalition Party, 1979-1991. Speaker, 1987; member. Foreign Relations Committee, 1983-1987.
Vice-chairman, Finnish-Soviet Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation, 1987. Minister of Trade and Industry, 1987-1991. Member of Eduskunta, 1970-1975, since 1983.
Vice Chairman. European Democrat Union.; Speaker of the Eduskunta. 1991 -; Pres, of the Nordic Council, 1992.
President, Parliamentary Assembly of the CSCE, since 1992. Managing Director, J.W. Suominen Oy (Textiles), 1975-1979. Chairman, Supervisory Board, Oy Alko Ab, 1980-1988, since 1991, Director, 1988-1991.
Auditor, Finnair, since 1979. Chairman, Supervisory Board, Finnish Export Credit Ltd, 1987-1990. Chairman, Board of Directors, ICL Data (Finland), since 1992.
|last changed||29/05/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Speaker of the Eduskunta
- University of Helsinki
- Doctor of Technology, H.C., Tampere University, 1992.
- Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Hungarian Republic, 1992
- General Info
- Membership description
- Anna Suominen
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile