Vakhtang Mikhaylovich CHABUKIANI
Vakhtang CHABUKIANI, USSR Ballet dancer and choreographer. Artistic Director, Tbilisi Theater of Opera and Ballet, since 1941; Popular Artist of USSR since 1950. three Order of Lenin; two other orders; medals; three Stalin Prizes, 1947, 1948, 1951; Lenin Prize, 1958.
CHABUKIANI, Vakhtang was born in 1910.
- 1929 graduated Leningrad Choreography School.
1929-1941 dancer and choreographer, Leningrad Academy Theater of Opera and Ballet. Deputy, USSR Supreme Soviet of 1958 convocation. 1958 toured Brazil with group of artists.
Main roles: Basil in “Don Quixote”. Jerome in “Plamya Parizha” (The Flame of Paris). Dzhardzhi in “Serdtse gor” (The Heart of the Mountains).
Frondoso in “Laurentsiya”. Title role in “Gorda”. Has produced: “Laurentsiya” (1939 and 1956).
“The Heart of the Mountains” (1937). “Othello” (1958).
|Yuliya Yefimchik||last changed||27/07/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- ballet dancer and choreographer
- Family description
- Membership description
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile