Mikhail CHILIKIN, USSR Electronic engineer. Doctor of Technology Science since 1954; Professor 1951; Director, Moscow Power Engineering Institute, since 1952; Chairman, Science and Technology Committee Automated Electronic Drives and the Use of Electronic Machines; Chairman, Section for Power Equipment, Technology Council, USSR State Planning Committee. Order of Red Banner of Labor; two Badges of Honor; three medals.
1935-1951 postgrad, student and simultaneously instructor, Moscow Power Engineering Institute. 1938-1954 Candidate of Technology Science. Since 1951 Head, Chair of Electronic Equipment for Industry Enterprises, Moscow Power Engineering Institute.
Also engaged in educational and administrative work. Until 1943 Director, Board of Studies, 1943-1952 Deputy Director of Studies, Moscow Power Engineering Institute. Works deal with: development of new electrodrive systems, particularly systems with asynchronous gliding sleeves with controlled mercury vapor rectifiers.
Electrical drives and industrial electrification. High-school teaching methods. Member, Editor and Publ.
Council, Publ. House for Literature on Power Engineering. Member, Editor Board, journal “Elektrichestvo” (Electricity). Twice elected to Moscow City Communist Party of the Soviet Union Committee.
Four times elected to Moscow Soviet of Worker’s Deputy.