Professor 1933; Doctor of Chemical Science since 1936. Full member since 1943, and Presidium member since 1960, USSR Academy of Science. Director, Laboratory of Sorption Processes, Institute of Physical Chemistry, USSR Academy of Science, since 1946.
Member, Committee Lenin Prizes for Science and Technology, USSR Council of Ministers, since 1960. Board member, All-Union Society for the Dissemination of Political and Science Knowledge, since 1960. Specialist in sorption phenomena.
1923 science mission abroad. 1932-1935 investigated absorption of gases and vapors and developed method of calculating installations for the separation of gaseous vapors. 1936-1937 studied part played by ultraporosity of an adsorbent in adsorption of vapors from substance with molecules of unequal size.
Since 1940 worked on solution of various theoretical and practical problems of anti-gas defense. Classified structural types of absorbents. 1946-1950 President, All-Union Chemistry Society.
Deputy, Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic Supreme Soviet of 1951 and 1955 convocation. 1960 attended 4th International Symposium on Reactive Capacity of Solids, Holland. 1921-1932 instructor, Assistant, senior assist, and lecturer, Anti-Gas Laboratory, Moscow Higher Technology College.
1932-1949 Professor, and Director of a chair, Military Academy, of Chemical Defense. 1948-1957 Academy Secretary,Department of Chemical Science, USSR Academy of Science.