Professor 1940; Doctor of Biological Science. Corresponding member, USSR Academy of Medical Science, since 1961. Deputy Director of Studies, and Head, Laboratory for the Procurement and Cultivation of Producers, Research Institute for New Antibiotics, USSR Academy of Science, since 1940.
Head, Antibiotics Procurement Laboratory, Institute of Pharmacology and Experimental Chemotherapy and Chemoprophylaxis, USSR Academy of Medical Science. 1931-1940 at Moscow University. Со-Editor, “Microbiology” section, “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia), 2nd edition.
Member, Editor Board, journal “Antibiotiki” (Antibiotics), etc. 1955 visited London, Cambridge, Oxford and other English towns to inspect antibiotic laboratories. 1956 attended 2nd International Congress on Immunological and Microbiological Stadardization in Italy.
1958 attended Soviet- Hungarian days on problems of viruses and antibiotics, Budapest. 1959 read lectures at Chicago, Yale and Cornell University on “The Search for New Antibiotics” and visited science institutions in Washington, New York, New Haven and Ithaca. Works deal with action of antibiotics.