Petr GLEBKA, Belarusian poet. Director, Institute of Art Criticism, Ethnography and Folklore, Belarusian Academy of Sciences, since 1960; full member, Belarusian Academy of Sciences; since 1951 Presidium member, Belarusian Union of Writers; board member, USSR Union of Writers, since 1959. two Order of Red Banner of Labor; Order of Red Star; Badge of Honor; medals. Member, Communist Party, since 1942.
1923-1924 Secretary, village soviet. 1930-1940 on edition staff of newspaper “Kalgasnik Belarusi” (Belorussian Kolkhoz Worker) and journal “Polymya revalyutsyi” (Flame of the Revolution). Literature consultant, “Young Authors” office, Belarusian Union of Writers.
1941-1943 contributor to front-line press. 1943-1945 Senior, then Chief Editor, Belarusian State Publ. House; 1946-1960 at Belarusian Academy of Sciences and several years researcher at Yakub Kolas Institute of Linguistics, Belarusian Academy of Sciences.
Deputy, Belarusian Supreme Soviet of 1959 convocation.