Since 1924 Seer, of a cell, propagandist, then Seer, of a rayon comt., Ukrainia Communist Youth League. Since 1934 Fiction Editor, “Ukrainsky robitnyk” (The Ukrainian Worker) Publ. House, and associate, Institute of Literature, Ukrainia Academy of Sciences.
Until World War II Head, Young Authors’ Section, Ukrainia Union of Writers and “Dcrzhlitvydav” State Lit. Publ. House; 1940 fought in campaign against Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina. 1941-1953 in Soviet Army: on Odessa, Sebastopol and Stalingrad Fronts.
1947-1953 special correspondent, newspaper of Kiev Military District. 1953 demobilized and placed in reserve. Was member, literature organization “Molodnyak”.