1921-1923 laboratory Assistant, Tiflis Botanical Gardens. 1923-1926 laboratory Assistant, Chair of Botany, 1923-1929 Assistant, 1929-1930 lecturer, Tiflis University. 1930-1933 Dean, Biological Faculty, and Professor, of Botany, Pedagogical Institute.
Also Head, Chair of Botanies of following institutes. Georgia Agriculture Institute, Subtropical Institute and other higher education institutions. 1933-1945 Professor, and Head, Faculty of Botany, Dean, Faculty of Natural Science (later Faculty of Biology), and since 1945 Rector, Tbilisi University.
1933-1938 simultaneously Science Organizer and Director,Department of Geobotany, Tbilisi Botanical Institute. 1942-1956 Chairman,Department of Agriculture Science, Georgia Academy of Sciences. Deputy, USSR Supreme Soviet of 1950 convocation.
Headed many geobotanical expeditions. Author of works on zonality of cultivated flora of Georgia and species composition of field weeds, their biology and the campaign against them.