1938 won 1st Prize at AllUnion Competition for conductors. Repertoire includes over 30 Western and Russian classical operas, including: “Eugene Onegin’’, “Pikovaya Dama” (Queen of Spades), "Aida’’, “Abesalom and Eteri”, “Dekabristy” (The Decembrists), etc. 1921 rehearsals conductor and pianist.
Since 1922 conductor, Tiflis Opera Theater. Since 1931 conductor, Bolshoy Theater, Moscow.
Armenian. Conductor from 1931. Chief conductor with the Bolshoi Theatre, 1953-1962. Guest appearances all over the world.
Stalin Prize, 1942, 1943.
|last changed||14/06/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- Family description
- Membership description
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Career Description
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile