Specialist in health resorts and rheumatic diseases. Professor 1931; Doctor of Medicine Science since 1929. Full member, USSR Academy of Medical Science, since 1950.
Professor 1950, and Director since 1952, Chair of Faculty Therapeutic Clinic, Therapeutic Faculty, Pirogov 2nd Moscow Medicine Institute. Director, Rheumatism Research Institute, since 1958. Honoured Worker of Science Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic.
1927-1928 science mission in Germany. 1943-1950 Chairman, Learned Council, Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic Popular Commissariat of Health. Member, Learned Council, USSR Ministry of Health.
Board member, All-Union and Moscow Society of Therapeutists. Member, Editor Board, journal ‘‘Terapevtichesky arkhiv” (Therapeutic Archives), “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia, 2nd edition, and other medical publications. Since 1955 honorary member, Dutch Society of Rheumatologists.
1958 founded Rheumatism Research Institute. 1959 headed Plenum, All-Union Committee the Study of Rheumatism, Moscow. Attended 3rd National Italy-USSR Congress and visited medical institutions in Rome, Turin, Milan, etc.
Presented paper at 4th European Congress of Rheumatologists, Istanbul, and at All-Russia Congress of Physicians, Moscow. 1960 spoke at All-Union Symposium on Allergy, Moscow, and at All-Russia Conference of Therapeutists, Leningrad, devoted to use of hormones in prophylaxis and treatment of internal diseases. Studied rheumatology institutions in Britain.
Works deal mainly with: clinical aspects of internal diseases. Physiotherapy; health resorts. Rheumatism, etc.; 1920-1936 intern, assist, then lecturer, Therapeutics Clinic, Tomsk University.
1931-1936 Professor, Chair of Hospital Therapy, Tomsk Medicine Institute. 1936-1939 Director, Sochi Clinical Research Institute. 1939-1941 Head, Clinic, Moscow Central Institute of Health Resort Therapy, and consultant on science health resort problems, USSR Popular Commissariat of Health.
1941-1943 Director, Chair of Hospital Clinic, Novocherkassk Medicine Institute, and simultaneously Chief Therapeutist, Novosibirsk Oblast evacuation hospitals. 1943-1950 Director, Moscow Institute of Physiotherapy, and Head of its Therapeutic Clinic. 1947-1952 Director, Chair of Propedeutics of Internal Diseases, Pirogov 2nd Moscow Medicine Institute.
1950-1953 Academy Secretary, 1953-1957 V.-President, USSR Academy of Medical Science.