Nina Apollonovna PONOMAREVA
Nina PONOMAREVA, Sportswoman. Women's Discus Champion, 1952 Helsinki Olympics and 1960 Rome Olympics; Honoured Master of Sport of USSR. Gold Medal, 1960; Badge of Honor, 1960; Scroll of Honor from Central Committee, Communist Youth League, 1960; inscribed in Roll of Honor of the Communist Youth League Central Committee, 1960.
Ponomareva, Nina was born on April 27, 1929 in Sverdlovsk.
- Graduated from the Moscow Oblast’ Pedagogical Institute, 1955.
At 1956 Melbourne Olympics placed 3rd in discus. At 1959 USSR Popular Spartakiada took 1st place in discus event with throw of 52 m 87 cm and received title, Champion of USSR Spartakiada. At 1960 Rome Olympics returned best throw of 53 m 68 cm in heats and 53 m 39 cm in finals.
Her 2nd throw of 55 m 10 cm in finals made her Olympics Champion.
|Анна Коршун||last changed||29/06/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Birth date
- Birth month
- Birth day
- Family description
- Membership description
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- School and college years description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile