Professor; Doctor of Medicine Science. Corresponding member, USSR Academy of Science, since 1943. Full member, USSR Academy of Medical Science, since 1944.
Professor, then Head, Chair of Child Pediatrics, Central Postgraduate Medicine Institute, Moscow, since 1934. Associate, Institute of Pediatrics, USSR Academy of Medical Science, since 1951. Editor, journal “Pediatriya” (Pediatrics), since 1922.
Honoured Worker of Science Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic since 1934. 1907 founded Children’s Consultation Clinic at Abrikosova Maternity Home in Moscow. 1910 founded in Moscow first hospital with a polyclinic, consultation clinic and milk kitchen for sucklings.
1912 founded and edited symposium “Materialy po izucheniyu detey grudnogo vozrasta” (Materials on the Study of Sucklings). 1918-1919 studied eructation mechanism in children at Professor V. V. Voronin’s Laboratory. 1919 founded Chair of Children’s Diseases at Kuban University.
1921 founded Home of Child Care. 1922 founded ‘‘Zhurnal po izucheniyu rannego detskogo vozrasta” (Journal for the Study of Infants). Editor, “Pediatrics” section, “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia), 1st and 2nd edition.
Since 1957 Chairman and honorary member, All-Union Society of Pediatrists. Honorary Chairman, Moscow Society of Pediatrists. Member, Learned Medicine Council, USSR Ministry of Health.
Member, Qualification Commission, Higher Certifying Commission. Since 1956 Chief Editor, 7-volume “Pediatriya” (Pediatrics). Since 1959 Chairman, Commission for Awarding Nominal Prizes for Best Works on Pediatrics, USSR Academy of Medical Science.
Works deal with: acute and chronic disorders of nutrition and digestion and acute gastroduodenal diseases in infants. Pathology of elder children, particularly rheumatism. Use and testing of various therapeutical drugs and determination of their dosage according to age of child.