Mathematician and, through his work on the ‘difference engine’ and the ‘analytical engine’, a pioneer of computer technology. The mechanical problems encountered in his own workshop during the government-financed work on his ‘difference engine’ led him to a general interest in manufacturing problems. Economy of machinery.. was the result of an investigative tour of British and European factories.
It is his interest in the use of accurate mathematical and statistical work in various fields, including economics, which justifies his reputation as a forerunner of operations research.
- The Economy of Machinery and Manufactures (Annotated)
- The Economy of Machinery and Manufactures a three-volume book on, as the name suggests, the manufacture of goods, the machines that manufacture those goods and, of course, the organization of those who operate the machines themselves.
- Passages from the Life of a Philosopher (The Pickering Masters)
- Charles Babbage is most often described as the father of the computer, inventing machines for calculating complex formulae which remain masterpieces of invention and technological genius.
- On the Economy of Machinery and Manufactures
- Sources of the Advantages arising from Machinery and Manufactures 1.
- On The Economy Of Machinery And Manufactures
- This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923.