Author of the most widely used prewar textbook in elementary economics in Britain and expert on development economics, working particularly on national income accounting in the West Indies and South-East Asia. Economics Adviser, Comptroller for Development and Welfare in W. Indies, 1942-1945. Professor Commerce, University London, 1945-1947.
Economics Adviser, Commissioner-General for United Kingdom in SE Asia, 1947-1955. Sir Henry Price Research Professor International Affairs, Royal Institute, of International Affairs, 1955-1962.
- Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, and Society in the Age of Transition
- Sacred Economics traces the history of money from ancient gift economies to modern capitalism, revealing how the money system has contributed to alienation, competition, and scarcity, destroyed community, and necessitated endless growth.
- Monetary policy, being the report of a subcommittee on currency and the gold standard, appointed by the Research Committee of the British Association ... credit, currency, finance and the foreign exc
- This book was originally published prior to 1923, and represents a reproduction of an important historical work, maintaining the same format as the original work.
- Managerial Economics: Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy (The Mcgraw-Hill Economics Series)
- The goal of Thomas and Maurice's Managerial Economics is to teach students the economic way of thinking about business decision and strategy.
- Monetary policy. Being the Report of a Sub-Committee on Currency and the Gold Standart Appointed by the Research Committee of the British Association for the Advancement of Science on the Effects of the War on Credit, Currency, Finance and the Foreign Exc
- This Elibron Classics title is a reprint of the original edition published by R.