My major contributions have been (1) bringing social science analysis to problems of forestry, outdoor recreation, and other uses of natural resources. (2) eclectic and comprehensive analysis of natural resource problems, to integrate ecological, economic efficiency, economic equity, and socio-cultural considerations. (3) consideration of use of land, water, and other natural resources for such varied purposes as agriculture, forestry, urban occupancy, outdoor recreation, mineral development, and transportation use, all on an equal plane of analysis.
Marion CLAWSON, economist in the field of Natural Resources; Rural Economics; Economic History; General. Vice-President, President, Western Agriculture Economics Association; Vice-President, American Agricultural Economics Association; Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences; President, Forest History Society; Distinguished Service Award, American Forestry Association.
Junior Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Experimental Station, University Nevada. Agriculture Economics, United States Bureau Agriculture Economics, Washington, District of Columbia. Regional Administration, Director, United States Department Interior, Washington, District of Columbia.
Consultant, Economics Advisory Staff, Jerusalem, Israel. Director, Land Use and Management, Director, Land and Water Studies, Acting President, Vice-President, Consultant, Resources for the Future, Washington, District of Columbia. Regents Professor, University California Berkeley.
Walker-Ames Professor, University Washington, Seattle. Visiting Professor, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina. •. Senior Fellow Emeritus, Resources for the Future, Washington District of Columbia, United States of America, since 1970.
Editorial Boards, Landscape Planning, Environmental Professional.
- The Federal Lands Revisited (RFF Press)
- In this volume, Clawson presents a comprehensive overview of the federally owned lands in the United States.
- Economics of Outdoor Recreation (RFF Forests, Lands, and Recreation Set)
- This book is one of the first to supply the means for evaluating recreational resources in economic terms.
- Economics of Outdoor Recreation (RFF Press)
- Book by Clawson, Professor Marion, Knetsch, Professor Jack L.
- Planning and Urban Growth: An Anglo-American Comparison (RFF Press)
- Book by Clawson, Professor Marion