- Professor, Barnard College, Columbia University, 1948-1965. Professor, State University New York-Stonybrook, 1965-1973. Distinguished Professor, City University, New York City, New York, United States of America.
- Tariffs, Blockades, and Inflation: The Economics of the Civil War (The American Crisis Series: Books on the Civil War Era)
- What role did economics play in leading the United States into the Civil War in the 1860s, and how did the war affect the economies of the North and the South? Tariffs, Blockades, and Inflation uses contemporary economic analyses such as supply and demand, modern market theory, and the economics of politics to interpret events of the Civil War.
- Productivity Growth, Inflation, and Unemployment: The Collected Essays of Robert J. Gordon
- Seventeen essays include three previously unpublished works and offer sharply etched views on the principal topics of macroeconomics: growth, inflation, and unemployment.
- The Return of Bert and I: Also includes Bert & I Stem Inflation
- The iconic "Bert and I" stories were first created by Yale University students Marshall Dodge and Robert Bryan in the late 1950s and performed around campus.
- Economists at Bay
- Economists At Bay: Why The Experts Will Never Solve Your Problems, by Lekachman, Robert