Charles Edward LINDBLOM, economist in the field of Comparative Economic Systems. Fellow, Center Advanced Study Behavioral Sciences, Stanford, 1954-1955; Guggenheim Foundation Fellow, 1960-1961; President, Association Comp. Economics Studies, 1975-1976; President, American Political Science Association, 1981.
Assistant Professor, Association Professor of Economics, University Minnesota, 1938-1946. Association Professor, Professor, Director, Institute, Institution Social and Policy Studies, Yale University, 1946-1978,
81. Economics Adviser, American Ambassador, Director, United States Agency Intematational Development Mission India, 1963-1965.
Sterling Professor Economics and Political Science, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America, since 1978.
- A Strategy of Decision: Policy Evaluation as a Social Process
- "A Strategy of Decision" explores and explain some striking discrepancies between theories of decision-making and the observed practices of people who successfully cope with the complex problem-solving required in matters of public policy.
- Policy Making Process, The (3rd Edition)
- Emphasizing the policy-making role of ordinary citizens, this text challenges the assumption that political elites and policy analysis professionals hold the keys to improved social problem solving.
- Usable Knowledge
- An agenda of basic questions about the impact of social science and research on real life problems, and how social scientists are often crippled by a misunderstanding of their own trade.