Helped start the rush towards empirical models of public intervention with a study of import tariff-setting that developed the economic analysis of group behaviour within a specific historical, political and institutional setting.
Senior Tutor, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, 1964-1965. Institute, Institution, Assistant Professor, Simon Fraser University, Canada, 1969-1972. Research Fellow, American National University,
Consultant, Industries Assistance Committee, Canberra, 1974. Priorities Review Staff, Canberra, 1974-1975. Visiting Association Professor, Stanford University, 1976.
Visiting Research Association, Visiting Professor, Public Choice Center, Virginia, 1980-1981, 1982-1983. Visiting Fellow, Centre Policy Studies, Monash University, 1980-1981, 1983-1984. Fellow, Institute, Institution Advanced Studies, American National University, Canberra, Australia, .
Editorial Boards, Australian Economics History Review, 1977-1982. Explorations Economics History, 1978-1984.
- Environmental Regulation: Law, Science, and Policy, Seventh Edition (Aspen Casebook)
- Environmental Regulation: Law, Science, and Policy delivers unparalleled coverage of policy that focuses on the substance of environmental statutes, how they are translated into regulations, and the factors that affect real-world behavior.
- Securities Regulation: Cases and Materials, Seventh Edition (Aspen Casebook)
- The national reputation of the authors, their balance of practice and doctrine, and a highly teachable structure have all made Securities Regulation: Cases and Materials the best-selling text in the field.
- Medical Device Development: Regulation and Law
- Medical Device Development: Regulation and Law, 2014 Edition, is the ''must-have'' resource for the novice or veteran medical device regulatory affairs professional.
- Neville Chamberlain's Domestic Policies: Social Reform, Tariffs and Financial Orthodoxy
- The purpose of this work is to redress the imbalance in existing scholarship on Neville Chamberlain's domestic political career.