Founder of the ‘younger historical school’ (‘academic socialists’) and promoter of research in the social sciences in Germany. Menger’s attack on his ideas inaugurated the famous Methodenstreit. Schmoller’s major work, the Grundriss, is wide in scope but lacks coherence.
His political stance — between conservatism and revolutionary socialism — was boldly maintained, and achieved a good deal of public support. Professor Staatswissenschaften, University Halle, 1864-1872, University Strasbourg, 1872-1882, University Berlin, 1882-1913.
- The Mercantile System, and Its Historical Significance: Illustrated Chiefly From Prussian History, Being a Chapter From the Studien Ueber Die ... Des Grossen, 1884 (Classic Reprint)
- Excerpt from The Mercantile System, and Its Historical Significance: Illustrated Chiefly From Prussian History, Being a Chapter From the Studien Ueber Die Wirthschaftliche Die Friedrichs Des Grossen, 1884 Gustav Schmoller was born at Heilbronn in Würtemberg on June 24, 1838.
- The Mercantile System and Its Historical Significance (Reprints of Economic Classics)
- From Content: "To pass judgment as economists upon a whole historical period necessarily involves a comparison of it with what preceded and what followed; involves, that is to say, our understanding it as occupying a place in some larger movement of economic evolution.
- The mercantile system and its historical significance : illustrated chiefly from Prussian history : being a chapter from the Studien ueber die wirthschaftliche politik Friedrichs des Grossen
- Pages 120 It is the reproduction of the old book published long back(1896) We try our level best to give you perfect book but some time, due to old books some imperfections like missing or damaged Pages left in the book.
- Grundriss Der Allgemeinen Volkswirtschaftslehre: T. Begriff. Psychologische Und Sittliche Grundlage. Litteratur Und Methode. Land, Leute Und Technik. ... Der Volkswirtschaft (German Edition)
- This book was originally published prior to 1923, and represents a reproduction of an important historical work, maintaining the same format as the original work.