Party affiliation: Democrat
- Assistant curator Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1977-1980, curator, since 1980. Member advisory board Walpole Society, London, since 1989.
- Richard Parkes Bonington: The Complete Drawings (Studies in British Art)
- By the time of Richard Parkes Bonington's tragic death from tuberculosis in 1828, the 25-year-old artist, who was born in England and moved to France as a teenager, was already a seminal figure in the development of modernism in 19th-century French painting.
- Richard Parkes Bonington: The Complete Paintings (The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art)
- Only twenty-five at the time of his death in 1828, young Richard Parkes Bonington nevertheless was a seminal figure in the development of modernism in nineteenth-century French painting.
- Richard Parkes Bonington: 'On the Pleasures of Painting'
- Richard Parkes Bonington (1802-1828) was prehaps the most important British landscape painter of his era after Turner and Constable.
1977 - 1980