Party affiliation: fine Gael, 1973
OWEN, Nora was born on June 22, 1945 in Dublin, Ireland. Daughter of James O’Mahony and Katherine O’Mahony (née Collins).
- University College, Dublin, Bachelor of Science, chemistry/biochemistry, diploma in microbiology
Chairwoman, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Overseas Development, 1981-1987. Member, European Community Secondary Legislation Parliamentary Committee, 1989-1991. Member, Dublin County Council, since 1979.
Professional career: quality control chemist, Linson Ltd., 1965-1968. Research chemist, Linson Ltd.
, 1968-1972. Personal Asst, to MEP, Dublin, 1987-1989.
Irish Council of the European Movement; British-Irish Parliamentary Body; Executive Member, Association of Western European Parlimentarians Against Apartheid; clubs: sports and leisure complex, Portnamock; Old Malahide Historical Society
Foreign affairs particularly development and third world issues, local government, European community.
father: James O’Mahony
mother: Katherine O’Mahony (née Collins)
spouse: Brian Joseph Owen
|last changed||28/06/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- Family description
- Membership description
Katherine O’Mahony (née Collins)
Brian Joseph Owen
- Katherine O’Mahony (née Collins)
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile