Party affiliation: Democrat
Eleanor Estes, American author. Recipient New York State Association Supervision and Curriculum Development Award for outstanding contribution to childrens literature, 1961, Alumni Medal for distinguished service, Pratt Institute, 1968. Member Poets, Playwrights, Editors, Essayists and Novelists association, Authors Guild, Authors League American.
- Awarded Books Grade 2 - 3: The Hundred Dresses; My Father's Dragon; 26 Fairmount Avenue ; the Whipping Boy; Ramona Series
- 12 Books: Ramona Quimby Age 8; My Father's Dragon; 26 Fairmount Avenue ; the Whipping Boy; Sarah Plain and tall; Mr, Popper's Penguins; Ramona and her Father; The Hundred Dresses; If I were President ; The Courage of Sarah Noble; The Family Under the Bridge
- The Lost Umbrella of Kim Chu: 1400 Headwords (Oxford Progressive English Readers)
- The New Oxford Progressive English Readers offer a great selection of classic novels and plays from renowned authors that have been abridged in the form of easy-to-read stories for children to enjoy.
- The Tunnel of Hugsy Goode
- Nobody believed Hugsy Goode when he prophesied that a tunnel lay beneath the alley until--generations later--Nicholas (alias Copin) and Timothy (alias Tornid) decide to explore.
- The Curious Adventures of Jimmy McGee
- Jimmy McGee is a tiny, leprechaun-like man whose peaceful life is disrupted when he rescues Amy's doll Little Lydia from a monstrous wave that sweeps her off the beach.
Born March 9, 1906
1924 - 1931
1932 - 1940