William Harris Crawford
Crawford, William Harris was born on February 24, 1772 in Nelson County, Virginia, United States. Son of Joel and Fannie (Harris) Crawford.
- Educated privately in classical studies. Student Richmond Academy, Augusta, Georgia.
Moved to Edgefield, South Carolina., 1779, to Columbia County, Georgia, 1783. Admitted to Georgia bar, 1799. Member Georgia Senate, 1803-1807.
Member United States Senate from Georgia, 1807-1813, president pro tem, 1812. Minister to France, 1812-1813. Agent for sale of land donated to the United States government by Lafayette, 1815.
United States secretary of war, 1815-1816. United States secretary of treasury, 1816-1825. Democratic candidate for President United States, 1824, paralytic stroke ruined chance in 1824.
- Married Susanna Girardin, 1804.
father: Joel Crawford
mother: Fannie (Harris) Crawford
spouse: Susanna Girardin
|Yuliya Yefimchik||last changed||14/07/2017||view changes|
- First Name
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- cabinet officer
Fannie (Harris) Crawford
- Fannie (Harris) Crawford
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile