Richard Harrison Martin, American curator, art historian. Fellow Costume Society of America (director 1983-1989, Region II president 1984-1987); member College Art Association American (director since 1998), Victorian Society of America (director 1980-1984), Society Architectural Historians, American Society for Aesthetics.
Instructor William Paterson College of New Jersey, Wayne, 1972-1973. Editor Arts Magazine, New York City, 1974-1988. Professor Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, 1973-1993, Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries, 1991-1993.
Executive director Shirley Goodman Resource Center, 1980-1993. Critic-in-residence Maryland Institute College Art, 1985-1987. Editor, public Textile & Text, 1989-1993.
Curator The Costume Institute, Metropolitan Museum Art, New York City, 1993-1999. Adjunct faculty School Visual Arts, New York City, 1975-1980, 93—. Adjunct professor New York University, since 1977, Columbia University, 1987-1989, 95—, Vermont College, 1991-1993.
- Big Book of Fashion Illustration: A Sourcebook of Contemporary Illustration
- The bestselling visual bible for fashion illustrators and graphic designers is now in a mini edition! With hundreds of stunning images, Martin Dawber showcases an unprecedented variety of approaches for illustrating fashion, from pencil drawing and stitch through watercolor, oils, collage, and the latest digital techniques.
- Haute Couture
- Published to accompany a major exhibition at The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, this appealing book provides a lively survey of the history of haute couture from the formation of the House of Worth in mid-19th-century Paris to the major designers of the present day.
- Flair: Fashion Collected by Tina Chow
- The Tina Chow Fashion Couture collection includes some of the finest designers in the industry such as: Fortuny, Balenciaga, Chanel, Vionnet, James, Dior, Lanvin, Poiret, Schiaparelli, Alaia, Cardin, Givenchy, Gigli, Lagerfield, Rhodes, Miyake and Saint Laurent.
- Cubism and Fashion
- Containing illustrations of paintings by Picasso, Braque, Delaunay and Leger, and designs by Chanel, Vionnet and Callot Soeurs, this is a study of the interrelationship between fashion and Cubism in the early-20th century.
Born December 4, 1946
1972 - 1973
1973 - 1993
1974 - 1988
1980 - 1993
1985 - 1987
1989 - 1993
1991 - 1993
1993 - 1999
- show more ...