Marya Mannes, American author, journalist, social critic, satirist. Recipient George Polk Memorial award for magazine writing Long Island University, 1958, award of honor Philadelphia chapter Theta Sigma Phi, 1962. Trustee Mannes School Music, New York City; Member American Federation of television and Radio Artists, Poets, Playwrights, Editors, Essayists and Novelists association, Author's League.
Feature editor Vogue magazine, New York City, 1933-1936, Glamour magazine, New York City, 1946. Intelligence analyst United States Government, 1942-1945. Freelance journalist, 1947-1952.
Staff writer Reporter magazine, New York City, 1952-1963. Numerous television network appearances, from 1958. Lecturer university and national associations, from 1960.
- Message from a Stranger
- TITLE: MESSAGE FROM A STRANGER By MARYA MANNES 1948 First Edition AUTHOR: MARYA MANNES PUBLISHER - (LOCATION) / COPYRIGHT: THE VIKING PRESS, NY 1948 EDITION: First Edition with the line 'FIRST PUBLISHED BY THE VIKING PRESS IN FEBRUARY 1948' present CATEGORY: Love, Mystery BINDING/COVER: Hardback with dust jacket COLOR: GRAYISH GREEN
- Out Of My Time
- An autobiography by the author, artist, "spiritual hermaphrodite", television commentator and social critic.
- More in Anger: Some Opinions, Uncensored and Unteleprompted of Marya Mannes
- Mannes was native New Yorker, a feature editor at Vogue, and a frequent contributor to New Yorker.
- Message From a Stranger
- Dust jacket design by Robert Hallock.
1933 - 1936
1942 - 1945
1947 - 1952
1952 - 1963