Sunday magazine editor Des Moines Register, 1930-1937. Copy editor New York Journal-American, 1937-1940. Advertising manager Nedicks, Incorporated, New York York City, 1945-1950.
Free lance writer, since 1950. Lecturer Washington Square Writing Center, New York University, 1950-1960. Lecturer on writing, adult div.
Catholic University American, 1964-1983. Editorial consultant National Science Foundation, 1971-1972. History consultant NPACT-British Broadcasting Corporation television production The Impeachment Trial of Andrew Johnson, 1974.
Staff member Wesleyan-Suffield Writer-Reader Conference, Connecticut, 1974-1976.
- A minor miracle: An informal history of the National Science Foundation
- Informally includes some of the legislative history and debates regarding the founding of the National Science Foundation Acto of 1950, describes the personalities and styles of first four Directors, reviews formulation of national science policy and more.
- Aaron Burr: The Years from Princeton to Vice President, 1756-1805
- An account of Burr's formative years seeks to answer the contemporary charges against him of moral obtuseness, political opportunism, and excessive ambition, presenting him as politically inept, fatally unsuspicious, and intellectually superior and proud.
- Presents biographical sketches of twenty-five significant individuals in the history of world exploration, arranged alphabetically from Roald Amundsen to Amerigo Vespucci.
- Aaron Burr: The Conspiracy and Years of Exile, 1805-1836
- A biography of Burr's later years argues that the conspiracy charges brought against him were instigated by the Spanish minister to the United States.
1930 - 1937
1937 - 1940
1945 - 1950
1950 - 1960
1964 - 1983
1971 - 1972
1974 - 1976
- show more ...