Registrar Indiana University Art Museum, Bloomington, 1972-1976, curator Western art, since 1976, acting/interim director, 1987-1989, director, since 1989. Adjunct associate professor Hassaram Rijhumal Hope School Fine Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1985—1989, associate scholar, 1986, associate professor, since 1989, full professor, 2008. Member national advisory council Valparaiso University Art Museum.
Commissioner Indiana Arts Commission, 1997—2001.
- Painting of the Golden Age: A Biographical Dictionary of Seventeenth-Century European Painters
- Reference materials on European painting of the seventeenth century are generally restricted to a roster of a few dozen great masters such as Rembrandt, Rubens, Caravaggio, and Velazquez, but this Golden Age produced hundreds of prodigiously talented painters.
- Art of the Western World from Ancient Greece to post- Modernism
- A companion volume to the PBS television series of the same title, this compact survey of Western art history is a readable if somewhat bland recapitulation of the conventional high art canon.
- Art of the Western World: From Ancient Greece to Post Modernism (Paperback) - Common
- With fresh insight into what the great works meant when they were created and why they appeal to us now, here is a vivid tour of painting, sculpture, and architecture, past and present.
- Domenico Tiepolo: The Punchinello Drawings
- Domenico Tiepolo studied under his famous father, Giovanni Battista Tiepolo.
1972 - 1976