Nancy Anita Van House, American library educator. Redcipient Young Investigators award National Science Foundation, grantee, 1984, United States Department Education, 1987-1988, 92-93, 93-94. Member American Library Association, Association for Library and Information Science Education (research award 1983, 84).
Reference library San Mateo County Library., Belmont, California, 1972-1975. Coordinator East Bay Information Service, Oakland, 1975-1976. Senior research associate King Research, Inc., Rockville, Maryland, 1979-1981.
Assistant professor University California, Berkeley, 1981-1987, associate professor, 1987-1993, professor, since 1993, acting dean, since 1991.
- Output Measures for Public Libraries: A Manual of Standarized Procedures
- The output measures defined in this manual address aspects of service such as library use, materials use, materials availability, document delivery, reference services and programme attendance.
- The Public Library Effectiveness Study: The Complete Report
- "Reports results of nationwide field research conducted in 1988 to discover which characteristics or features people look at when deciding whether or not they think a library is effective".
- Measuring Academic Library Performance: A Practical Approach
- "Presents a set of well-tested, practical output measures that all kinds and sizes of academic libraries can use to evaluate their services to users".
- Planning and Role Setting for Public Libraries: A Manual of Options and Procedures
- This text offers a planning programme to improve public library management and evaluative processes.
Born August 3, 1950
1972 - 1975
1975 - 1976
1979 - 1981
1981 - 1987
- show more ...