Doctor (honorary), University Delhi. Science worker, head section State Academy Material Culture (now Institute of Archaeology), Union of the Soviet Socialist Republics Academy Sciences, 1929-1953,director Leningrad branch Institute Archaeology, 1953-1954, academician, from 1970, science collaborator, science director Eastern department and deputy director for science matters State Hermitage Museum, Leningrad, 1931-1961, director, 1961-1990, professor, 1968-1990. Member Communist Party of the Soviet Union, from 1945.
Member Presidium, from 1980. Researchon history and archaeology of Ancient East and Caucasus. In charge of excavations at Urart Fortress, Erevan (Armenia), from 1939.
Director Union of the Soviet Socialist Republics Academy Sciences archaeological expedition in Nubia, Egypt, 1960-1962.
Science worker & section head Institute Archaeology Union of the Soviet Socialist Republics Academy of Sciences, 1929—1953, director, Leningrad branch, 1953—1954, academician, since 1970. Science collaborator & director, eastern department State Hermitage Museum, Leningrad, deputy director, science matters, 1931—1961, director, 1961—1990, professor, 1968—1990.
Researcher, history & archaeology Ancient East & Caucasus. Excavations-in-charge Urart Fortress, Erevan, Armenia, since 1939. Member Communist Party of the Soviet Union, since 1945, Presidium, since 1980.
Director, archaeological expedition Union of the Soviet Socialist Republics Academy of Sciences, Nubia, Egypt, 1960—1962. Member of French Academy of Sciences (honorary), British Academy of Sciences (honorary. Correspondent member), Prehistory & Protohistory Society Florence (honorary).