Charles Daniel White was an American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church.
White, Charles Daniel was born on January 5, 1879 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States. Son of Patrick and Catherine (Bolger) White.
He attended St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before completing his studies at the Urban College of Propaganda in Rome, from where he earned a Ph.D. (1907) and S.T.D. (1911).
He served as Bishop of Spokane from 1927 until his death in 1955. He was ordained to the priesthood on September 24, 1910. Returning to Michigan, he served as professor (1911-1919) and rector (1919-1927) at St. Joseph Preparatory Seminary in Grand Rapids.
He also served as a curate at St. Andrew's Cathedral (1911-1918) and was named a Domestic Prelate in 1925. On December 20, 1926, White was appointed the second Bishop of Spokane, Washington, by Pope Pius XI. He received his episcopal consecration on February 24, 1927 from Bishop Joseph G. Pinten, with Bishops Samuel Stritch and Alphonse John Smith serving as co-consecrators. He was installed on the following March 10 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes.
During his 28-year-long tenure, he built St. Anthony School and convent, Sacred Heart School and convent, Sisters of the Good Shepherd Home, Marycliff High School for Girls, St. Charles Parish, St. Joseph Parish in Trentwood, and St. John Vianney Parish in Spokane. In the Inland Northwest, he built the Grand Coulee Dam Parish, the nurses' home and school in Colfax, Tonasket Hospital, and for the Native Americans, St. Gertrude Parish in Monse and St. Jude in Usk. He also established the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine and the National Catholic Rural Life Conference in the diocese.