1925 graduated Medical Faculty, 1st Moscow University.
Chairman, Tuberculosis Commission, Learned Council, Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic Ministry of Health. Member, Editor Board, journal “Problemy tuberkuleza” (Problems of Tuberculosis). Board member, All-Union Society of Phthisiologists, etc.
Chairman, All-Russia Society of Phthisiologists. Since 1959 member, Science Commission, International Union for Combatting Tuberculosis. 1955 attended 7th Rumanian Congress of Phthisiologists, Bucharest.
1959 attended 15th International Conference for Combatting Tuberculosis, Istanbul. One of first in USSR to use and approve Soviet gold preparation “krizanol”. Described and developed new original methods of investigation: cavernography, endoscopy of caverns, radiomorphological comparison, etc.
Author of over 80 works on diagnosis, clinical aspects and treatment of tuberculosis of the lungs and respiratory tract. Morphological uses of the lungs in tuberculosis. Lung surgery; bacteriology of tuberculosis, etc.
1918-1920 in Red Army. 1925-1927 district doctor in rural areas of Ryazan Oblast. 1928-1934 intern, Ryazan anti-tuberculosis dispensary, and in sanatoria of Ryazan Health Department.
1935-1950 associate, Head, Lung Surgery Department, then Learned Secretary, Tuberculosis Research Institute, Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic Ministry of Health, Moscow.