Dmitry Varligin studied at the 4-grade rural school and the Komenskiy County School (1875-1878).
After graduating from the 4-grade rural school and the Komenskiy County School (1875-1878), headed by the poet N.P. Kelsch, who developed Varlygin 's interest in literature, Dmitry Varligine was sent to the factory unit of the Ozyory village, where his father served as the clerk. He tried to be engaged in trade.
The first publication was three poems under the common name Peasant Poems. In 1892 he moved to Moscow and continued to serve. He took a big part in the publication of the collection Mir. In 1912 Surikovsky Circle celebrated the 25th anniversary of Varlygin 's literary activity.
Dmitry Varligin wrote very little and his works were printed rarely. His poetry is mainly of a religious moral nature. By the 1920s finished his literary work.