Union College (Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1976). The Ohio State University College of Law (Juris Doctor, 1982).
Worked at Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLP (Columbus, Ohio) specializing in Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights, Charitable Trust and Foundations, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Criminal, Environmental Litigation, Family Law, Finance, Financial Institutions, General Business, Health/Hospital, Immigration, International Law, Labor, Legislative Services, Liability and Insurance Defense, Medical Malpractice, Municipal Law, Intellectual Property Law, Probate/Estate Planning, Property Rights, School Law, Taxation/Employee Benefits, Trial Practice, Workers' Compensation. Admitted to the bar, 1982, Ohio. Legislative Assistant to President, Ohio Senate, 1977-1980.
Member, Board of Directors, 1988-1989 and 1991-1997 and President, 1996, Builders Exchange of Central Ohio. The law firm known today as Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs was established in 1913. For three quarters of a century it has been the dominant firm in Akron and a leading firm in Northeast and Central Ohio.
To better service a regional client base, offices were opened in North Canton in 1984, Columbus in 1989, and Cleveland in 1990. In 1991, Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs merged with the firm of Amerman, Burt & Jones Company, Inc. in Canton, Ohio. In response to the Firm's growing Florida healthcare practice, the Boca Raton office was opened in 1995.
In the same year, the Naples office was established to service South Florida businesses and BD&B Ohio clients who have either relocated to Florida or maintain residences in both Ohio and Florida. All shareholders and associates participate in continuing legal education seminars, professional association activities and civic affairs.
Member, Board of Directors, 1988-1989 and 1991-1997 and President, 1996, Builders Exchange of Central Ohio.