Street John"s College.
According to Burke"s Peerage, Review John Fiske, Master of Arts (Cantab), as well as descending from the Plantagenets via the Gosnolds(and thus from William the Conqueror who arrived in England in 1066), the Fiske family themselves first arrived with the Viking surname Fiskr at the Battle of Maldon in 991 Anno Domini
Fiske-Harrison was educated at Charterhouse School, 1806-1810, and Street John"s College, Cambridge. He served in the East Essex Regular Militia, rising to the rank of Major (gazetted in 1828).
He changed his surname to Fiske-Harrison on inheriting his mother"s estates after her death, and became Lord of the Manor of Copford on his father"s death in 1839.
He served as a magistrate, rising to Justice of the Peace, and as High Sheriff of Essex in 1827. He died in 1872. His descendants include A. B. C. Harrison, the former Member of Parliament for Maldon in Essex, and Lord of the Manor of Copford and owner of Copford Hall.