Doctor of Medicine, University Messina, Italy, 1972; Postgrad. diploma in Gynecology, University Messina, Italy, 1976; Postgrad. diploma in Anesthesiology, University Messina, Italy, 1978.
Prof. Franco Borruto is an Italian gynecologist resident since many years in Monte Carlo, Principality of Monaco. His CV speaks for itself:
1972 PhD in Medicine and Surgery
1976 specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics
1978 specialist in Anesthesia and Reanimation
He worked four years in the University of Messine (Italy), then in Verona (Italy) where he joined the team of Prof. Giuseppe Vecchietti; then , he was his main disciple. He collaborated with the most famous Professors in Europe for Gynecology and Oncology:
1982-1983 in Munich (Germany) with Prof. Kurt Richter,
1987-1990 in Lyon (France) with Prof. Daniel Dargent
1992-1993 in Lyon (France) with Prof. Alain Bremond
1997 in New York as Visiting Professor at Cornell University, with Prof. Frank Chervenak
1999-2003 in Florence (Italy)
Prof. Franco Borruto was pioneering in the field of obstetric gynecological discipline has published with the contribution of Jan Donald,inventor of obstetric ultrasound ,"Fetal Ultrasonography: The Secret Prenatal Life " the first book on the possibilities offered by ultrasound in the prenatal diagnosis of congenital defects and as the first collaborator of prof.Vecchietti has spread in the world a vaginoplasty Vecchietti technique in Rokitansky's syndrome
In May 2002, appointed Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics in the University of Verona (Italy)., he worked until September 2010 in Verona, as the Head of the Unit of Pathology and Gynecologic Endocrinology for Adolescents.
Presently , member of the “Ordre des Medecins” of Monaco , he exercised for five years (September 2010-October 2015) his activities at the Gynecology Service of the Princess Grace Hospital Centre (CHPG).
Author of more than 300 publications and 8 monographs, he is the Editor of the book “HPV and Cervical cancer” (Springer, NY). He practiced more than 3600 surgical operations. Honorary Member of the Spanish Society of Gynecologic Echography and Prenatal Diagnosis and of other International and European Scientific Societies, member of Eurogin and of the Internationa Papillomavirus Society (IPVS). The last ten years were dedicated to promote the anti-HPV vaccination for adolescents.
In June 2015 he was appointed as an Honorary Member of the Brazilian Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics and in July 2015 of the title of Knight of Academic Palms (conferred by the French Prime Minister Manuel Valls), then in November 2015 the Principality of Monaco wanted to give him the title of Knight of the “Order of St. Charles”. Since October 2015 to the present (16 months) he is “Consultant dans le domaine de la politique de santé pour le Gouvernement Princier” at the Department des affaires sociales et de la santé.He currently speaks 5 languages: Italian, French, German, Spanish, and English.
Main recent publications:
• To prevent and to cure Papillomavirus. Sperling & Kupfer, January 2009. Authors: Franco Borruto and Joseph Monsonego.
• HPV and cervical cancer. Achievements in prevention and future prospects. Springer, New York, March 2012. Authors: Franco Borruto and Marc De Ridder.
• Human Papillomavirus infection: overview. In: Handbook on Human Papillomavirus: Prevalence, detection and management. Smith HB, Ed. Nova Science Publishers, New York, July 2013: 1-137. Authors: Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto.
• Historical overview on cervical cancer. Authors: Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto. In: Cervical Cancer: Screening Methods, Risk Factors and Treatment Options. Elit L, Ed. Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2013: 245-324.
• Viral infections in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Authors: Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto. In: Viral Infections: Causes, Treatment Options and Potential Complications. Shinn D, Ed. Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2014: 1-198.
Cervical cancer screening: A never-ending developing program. World J Clin Cases 3(7):614-624, July 2015. Authors: Franco Borruto