Log In

G. Edwin Brumbaugh

architect.

G. Edwin Brumbaugh, American architect. (Fellow) The American Institute of Architects, Pennsylvania German Society (director), Montgomery County History Society, Pennsylvania History Association, Swedish Colonial Society, Sigma Xi. Director Pennsylvania School of Horticulture for Women, Ambler, Pennsylvania; Member Christian Science Church.

Background

Brumbaugh, G. Edwin was born on August 27, 1890 in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, United States. Son of Martin Grove and Anna (Konigmacher) Brumbaugh.

Education

Bachelor of Science Architecture, University of Pennsylvania, 1913.

Career

Started independent practice of architecture, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1916. Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania buildings include residences, schools, chs., etc. Specialist in residential work, particularly early American style and restoration of historic buildings which include.

Ephrata Cloisters, Ephrata, Pennsylvania, Daniel Boone Homestead near Reading, Pennsylvania, Pottsgrove, Pottstown, Pennsylvania, for Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Germantown Academy, David James Dove House (occupied by President George Washington), Grumblethorpe, (John Wister House), and Gloria Dei (Old Swedes’ Church, Philadelphia. Recent commissions include restorations of buildings at Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania and Valley Forge, Pennsylvania for Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Works

  • Author: Colonial Architecture of the Pennsylvania Germans, 1931. Contributor articles on architectural and history subjects to various mags.

Membership

Fellow) The American Institute of Architects, Pennsylvania German Society (director), Montgomery County History Society, Pennsylvania History Association, Swedish Colonial Society, Sigma Xi. Director Pennsylvania School of Horticulture for Women, Ambler, Pennsylvania. Member Christian Science Church.

Connections

Married Frances Hover Anderson, February 11, 1914.

father:
Martin Grove Brumbaugh

mother:
Anna (Konigmacher) Brumbaugh

spouse:
Frances Hover Anderson