Henry Chapman Edit Profile
He attended Doylestown Academy and Doctor Gummere’s private boys’ school near Burlington, New Jersey. He studied law, was admitted to the bar in 1825 and commenced practice in Doylestown.
He was a judge of the fifteenth judicial district from 1845 to 1849. Chapman was elected as a Democrat to the Thirty-fifth Congress. He declined to be a candidate for renomination in 1858.
He served as judge of the Bucks County Court in 1861. He retired in 1871. He died at “Frosterley,” near Doylestown, Pennsylvania. In 1844, he built the James-Lorah House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
He served as a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate in 1843.