1926 graduated Faculty of Agriculture Machine-Building, Moscow, Timiryazev Agriculture Academy.
Doctor of Technology Science since 1936. Professor; full member, USSR Academy of Science, since 1946. Head, Chair of Theory of Mechanisms and Machines, Moscow Aviation Institute, since 1941.
Head, Laboratory of Machine Dynamics, Institute of Machine Science, USSR Academy of Science, since 1937. Deputy Chairman, All-Union Society for the Dissemination of Political and Science Knowledge, since 1947. Chairman, Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic Society for the Dissemination of Political and Science Knowledge.
Bureau member,Department of Technology Science, USSR Academy of Science, since 1960. Honoured Worker of Science and Technology Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic since 1945. V.-President, Institute of Soviet- American Relations, since 1961.
Specialist in machine theory and automation. 1939-1946 corresponding member, USSR Academy of Science. 1945-1954 President, Society of Mech.
Engineering; since 1959 member, All-Union Council of Science and Technology Society. Late 1959 toured United States of America. Now working on theoretical and experimental methods of studying the dynamics of machines in operation.
1927-1929 instructor, Moscow Electromech. Institute; 1929-1932 instructor and since 1932 Professor, Moscow Institute of Chemical Technology. 1932 Professor, and Head, Chair of the Theory of Mechanisms and Machines, Moscow Institute of Chemical Machine-Building.
1932-1938 Professor, Zhukovsky Air Force Engineering Academy. 1932-1949 simultaneously Professor, Moscow University. Since 1937 associate, Institute of Mech.
Engineering, USSR Academy of Science. 1942-1954 Deputy Academy Secretary,Department of Technology Science, USSR Academy of Science.