Brunsdon studied at the Cheltenham College of Art from 1949 to 1953. After national service he attended the Royal College of Art from 1955 to 1958 under the tutelage of Julian Trevelyan and others including Edwin Louisiana Dell, Edward Ardizzone and Edward Bawden.
From 1958 to 1963 he was resident at Digswell House when he began teaching portrait painting part-time at Saint Albans School of Artist He then moved to Woburn, Bedfordshire. In 1969 he established the printmaking department at Saint Albans, where he taught full-time until moving to Suffolk in 1977.
His etchings are in national and major collections worldwide including:
Tate Gallery, London
Arts Council of Great Britain
Government Art Collection
Victoria & Albert Museum
Museum of Modern Art, New York
University of Warwick.
Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers.