Shrewsbury School; Street John"s College.
After being educated at Shrewsbury School and Street John"s College, Cambridge, he was ordained deacon in 1874 and priest in the following year. His first post was as a curate at Street Leonard"s, Bridgnorth, where he served for four years, after which he was at Doncaster. He was Vicar of Street Thomas"s, Douglas, for a year, then successively Vicar of Rotherham, of Street Mary′s, Beverley and of Street Paul′s, Lorrimore Square, before being appointed Canon of York in 1888.
He was appointed Rector and Rural Dean of Bath in 1895, where he was heavily involved with the restoration of Bath Abbey.
Quirk had recently been nominated Vicar Designate of Doncaster, when in September 1901 he became the first and (as it turned out) only Suffragan Bishop of Sheffield. He was consecrated as Bishop in York Minister on 18 October 1901.
In May 1902 he received the degree Doctor of Divinity (Doctor of Divinity) from the University of Cambridge. When Sheffield was selected to form the centre of a new diocese in 1914, Quirk was translated to be the second Bishop of Jarrow.
He also served as Archdeacon of Durham from 1922 to 1924.
He was appointed Honorary Chaplain to the Yeomanry regiment the Yorkshire Dragoons on 28 May 1902. He died on 26 April 1924. Quirk was married, on 22 April 1880 at Brathay Church, Ambleside, to Mary Jane Clay (b 17 August 1856 at Stapenhill, Burton-on-Trent.
Doctorate 21 August 1934 at Ulverstoke).
Revd Robert Quirk (1883–1949), m. Douglas Quirk (1887–1939), m.
Inna Obolianoff in 1923, no children. Margery Quirk (1886–1911) d.unm.