HE was registered as a student in the London School of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
Mr. Shepherd arrived in the U. S. in 1911, shortly after established residence in Milwaukee. He secured a position as draftsman with the firm of Ferry & Clas, but left within a few years to join A. C. and Ruben Clas in a partnership that was carried on until 1931. Comprising the firm's major works during that period was the Plankinton Hotel in Milwaukee; Whiting Hotel at Steven's Point, Wis. (1920); Nurses Home at the Milwaukee Hospital; Tripoli Temple, and the Rufus King School (1931),, Milwaukee; Lutheran Seminary at Thienville, Wis. (1907); and in addition residences in various cities. At uie time of his death Mr. Shepherd was employed as architect to the City Board of Education.