John Sherry, was the Anglican Archdeacon of Lewes in East Sussex, England, between 1542 and 1551.
Sherry was born around 1506 in London.
He later took up a literary and academic career. He went on to receive an Master of Arts on 10 March 1531. In 1534, he was appointed headmaster of Magdalen College School, Oxford, and held this post until 1540, when he was succeeded by Goodall.
Subsequently, he established himself in London and devoted himself to literary work, completing both some original writings and translations of the works of others