John Tahourdin White was an English classical scholar.
He was the second son of John White of Selborne in Hampshire.
He matriculated at Corpus Christi College, Oxford, on 28 January 1830, was elected an exhibitioner in the same year, and graduated Bachelor of Arts in 1834, Master of Arts
In 1839, and Bachelor of Divinity and Doctor of Divinity in 1866. He was ordained deacon in 1834 as curate at Swynnerton in Staffordshire. White was appointed reader at Saint Stephen Walbrook in 1836, and acted as assistant master at Christ"s Hospital from 1836 to 1869.
In 1837 he became curate at Saint Ann, Blackfriars, was ordained priest in 1839, and in 1841 was appointed curate at Saint Martin Ludgate, serving until 1868, when he was instituted rector.
White died at 17 Cambridge Road, Brighton, on 17 December 1893.