John Jacob Esch Edit Profile
Bachelor of Arts, University of Wisconsin, 1882, Bachelor of Laws, 1887.
Admitted to bar, 1887, and began practice at La Crosse, Wisconsin. Member Esch, Kerr, Taylor & Shipe, Washington, until 1938. Was captain Companies I and M, 3d Wisconsin National Guard: judge-advocate-general, with rank of colonel, 1894-1896.
Member 56th to 66th Congresses (1899-1921), 7th Wisconsin District. Member Interstate Commerce Commission, 1921-1928.
Married Anna Herbst, December 24, 1889. Children: Irene (Mistress V. K. Tremblett), Marie (Mistress Donald Moore), Ruth (Mistress Paul Gatterdam), Anna (Mistress Harold R. Hall), John, Mark, Margaret (Mistress John O. Weaver).
- Henry Esch
- Matilda Esch
- Anna Herbst
- Mark Esch
- Irene Esch (Mistress V. K. Tremblett)
- Marie Esch (Mistress Donald Moore)
- John Esch
- Margaret Esch (Mistress John O. Weaver)
- Anna Esch (Mistress Harold R. Hall)
- Ruth Esch (Mistress Paul Gatterdam)